Saturday, 31 October 2015

Peacock Feather Skirt



This is one of those fabrics which I saw and desperately needed to buy.  Love at first sight.  I was smitten, even though I had absolutely no idea what I would do with it.  I promptly bought two meters, crossing my fingers and counting on the idea that there is no way I would made a full body garment in something this loud.

A few months later I needed a semi-formal outfit for the fancy end-of-degree dinner and decided to sew it up into a skirt.  After agonizing whether the feathers should go up or down (definitely down), if the skirt should be long or short (long!), sleek or full (eh... sleek is less fussy but it could have gone either way),




In the end, I drafted a simple, straight, floor length skirt, lined to the knee with back darts, side walking slit, and a concealed zip.  I still have about three quarters of a meter left, but goodness knows what on earth that will end up being.

The top on the other hand, was trickier.  I originally wanted a simple royal blue stretch velvet scoop neck top, however there wasn't any to be found anywhere I looked.  I bought three other pieces of fabric, all in the right colour in the hopes that I could come up with something, but in the end, a trip to Value Village found the perfect piece two days before the even.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment